Long before my time going to bars and cafes in downtown Ottawa a group of students ran a coffee house called Le Hibou. It opened in 1960 to fill what they considered a cultural void in Canada’s Capital. Le Hibou ran for 15 years on Rideau, Bank and finally Sussex and hosted some big names. Apparently even George Harrison paid a visit, although he didn’t play. Le Hibou, which means The Owl hosted theatre, poetry readings and of course live music. It was known for a folk venue and gained a world class reputation.
I hope I’m not stepping on any toes by offering an Ottawa Le Hibou T Shirt. It pays homage to one of Ottawa’s most famous landmarks from the past and is meant as a show of respect. The designer of the logo died in 1994 and the cafe has been closed since the 1970s and it isn’t in the trademark database… So if you remember the cafe Le Hibou or want to pay a shout out to a piece of Ottawa’s cultural history this graphic t shirt might be perfect for you.
What’s special about this Ottawa Le Hibou t shirt:
- Special t shirts for men, women and children
- Graphic t shirts for people who like Ottawa history
- Our T shirts are available online
- This t shirt has a graphic of an owl on it
- The Cafe le Hibou logo figures prominently on this t shirt
- People who like vintage Ottawa landmarks will like this t shirt
T shirts similar to this Ottawa Le Hibou t shirt:
- Byward market map t shirt
- Gatineau park subway map t shirt
- Mello’s Diner t shirt
- Civic pharmacy t shirt
About This T Shirt:
- 100% ring spun combed cotton
- Modern fit with extra softness
- Tubular with shoulder-to-shoulder tape
- Features 100% combed ring spun cotton for light, extra-soft comfort
- Double-needle stitching on sleeve and bottom hem
- If you prefer a relaxed fit, we recommend ordering one size up from normal.
Dimensions for Men’s Shirts in cm:
Dimensions for Women’s Fitted Shirts in cm:
Dimensions for Children’s Shirts in cm:
|Size/Age||XS (2-4)||S (4-6)||M (6-8)||L (10-12)|
Length: Shoulder seam at collar to bottom hem
Width: Underarm to underarm
Turn inside out. Machine wash at 40° C. Do not bleach, tumble dry or dry clean. Do not iron image.